- Influential leadership opportunity
- Commercialisation of Science & Data
- Wellington Based
MetService has a long and successful history as the National Meteorological Service. Its core purpose is to help people stay safe and to support the protection of property and infrastructure through accurate weather forecasts and warnings delivered in a timely and meaningful way.
The Chief Executive is responsible for providing innovative leadership that defines and sustainably grows the organisation financially, and as a global brand in weather intelligence. Responsibilities include:
- Defining and delivering MetService’s strategic intent with clarity of value proposition, business model and competitive strategy.
- Leveraging scientific knowledge, capability, and data (existing and new).
- Supporting MetService’s passionate and talented team, through providing an empowering environment, and a genuinely customer centric approach.
- Promoting an environment that displays agility /adaptability / continuous improvement in response to emerging trends and disruption.
- Developing authentic commercial relationships with Customers, Government, and Mana Whenua.
- Continuing to provide strong financial and commercial management; and
- Embracing MetService’s safety and prosperity vision.
To be successful, you will have proven yourself as a CEO or in a senior leadership role in a medium to large commercially orientated business. MetService requires a ‘special leader' who can lead through digital transformation and change, further positioning MetService as a modern customer centric and successful business.
This role will require inspirational and ‘connected’ leadership that provides the clarity that inspires high-performing teams and fosters cohesion and loyalty from partners and customers. Cultural competence and an affinity with Māori perspectives and interests is preferable, and experience partnering with Mana Whenua would be advantageous.
This is primarily a commercially focused Chief Executive appointment with responsibility for driving profitable growth through the commercialisation of applied science and data.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on MetService’ s behalf.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (or online through Seek). Alternatively, to find out more either contact Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 or email email@example.com for a copy of the search brief.
The closing date for applications is at 5pm on the 18th September 2020.