- An organisation that really matters
- Lead the vision
- Auckland based
The Child Cancer Foundation has been providing family support services in New Zealand for over 42 years. While the care of the children and families is the core of what they do at Child Cancer Foundation, the organisation also invests in cancer research and the professional development of medical professionals in oncology and related fields.
As a proven chief executive, or general manager of a complex entity, you will have strong commercial nous and ideally a background in the not-for-profit or membership-based sectors, with a good understanding of what motivates professionals in that environment. You will illustrate that you are someone who not only comprehends the enormous value the organisation brings to New Zealand families affected by childhood cancer, but just as importantly can demonstrate empathy and compassion, with the passion and determination to take the lead in making a difference to the health and well-being of these special children and their families.
While there are obvious funding challenges at present due to the current economic situation, there are also substantial opportunities. As a result, you will need to have a track record in leading innovation, entrepreneurial thinking and turning challenges into opportunity. This is an organisation hat has strong vision and strategy and one that very much believes that measurable and tangible outcomes are delivered from strategic initiatives. The Board genuinely wishes to be challenged with, robust and well-structured ideas and initiatives.
You will have a background that demonstrates:
- Connected, transparent and inspirational “leadership”, determined to grow and maximise the potential of talented staff who work closely together for the outcomes required.
- Superior communication and relationship management skills. While utilised internally every day, the opportunity to enhance relationships at the most senior levels of key stakeholder groups is crucial in order to maximise the potential of the Child Cancer Foundation to broaden its sphere of influence and contribution.
- Strong capability in developing and enhancing strategy that achieves measurable outcomes. Possessing the agility to ensure there are always improvement options for the organisation to consider.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or membership based or related environment, important in establishing credibility with both staff, and a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding of and a commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We are fortunate to be partners in the process to source the Chief Executive for this outstanding organisation and its staff, where you will be supported by a genuinely engaged, empathetic and clearsighted Board, all of whom have their own story to tell about how child cancer has impacted them individually.
Applications close 15th January 2021.
Please email your CV and a statement addressing the Position Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com quoting reference no. 3190667. For further information in strictest confidence, please contact: Tony Walsh on firstname.lastname@example.org or 029 271 1101 or Graeme Sandri on email@example.com or 029 248 8502