- Crucial to NZ’s overall well-being
- Significant development potential
- Science/Accreditation environment
IANZ (International Accreditation New Zealand) protects the health and wealth of New Zealand by ensuring that the companies that test or inspect the products and services New Zealander buy, consume, use or are competent and reliable and give the assurance the products and services are safe, true-to-label, and aren’t doing New Zealanders or export customers harm.
IANZ has a critical and singular role, with highly skilled and qualified staff and technical volunteers who are passionate and rightfully proud of the services they provide to a broad array of sectors.
As a proven chief executive, or general manager of a complex entity, you will have a background in the science or similar sectors with a good understanding of what motivates professionals in that environment. Also critical is evidence that illustrates that you are someone who can see the value the organisation brings to New Zealand and wishes to take a lead in making a difference to the health and well-being of New Zealanders, in the broadest sense.
While there are obvious challenges at present, there are also substantial opportunities. As a result, you will have a track record in leading innovation, entrepreneurial thinking and turning those challenges into opportunity. This is an organisation that has strong vision and strategy and one that very much believes in measurable and tangible outcomes are delivered from strategic initiatives. The Board genuinely wishes to be challenged with, robust and well-structured ideas and initiatives.
You will have a background that demonstrates:
- Connected, transparent and inspirational “service leadership,” determined to grow and maximise the potential of talented staff, especially in relation to leadership potentiall
- Superior communication and relationship management skills. While utilised internally every day, the opportunity to enhance relationships at the most senior levels of governmental and political agencies/offices is crucial in order to maximise the potential of IANZ to broaden its sphere of contribution.
- Strong capability in developing and enhancing strategy that achieves measurable outcomes. Having the agility to ensure there are alternatives
- Proven ability to proactively and courageously lead rational and appropriate change, gaining the confidence of all those involved, as to the reasons why and how they can contribute to positive outcomes for them, the organisation, customers and ultimately, New Zealander
- Experience in a science or related environment, important in establishing credibility with both staff, and a wide variety of stakeholders.
We are fortunate to be partners in the process to source the Chief Executive for this outstanding organisation and its staff, where you will be supported by a genuinely engaged, empathetic and clear-sighted Board.
Please email your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference no. 3165531. For further information in strictest confidence, please contact Tony Walsh on 029 2711101 or Graeme Sandri on 029 2488502