We are seeking a Chief Executive with strong strategic and operational capability, outstanding advocacy skills and experience, and proven success in stakeholder engagement, for a two-year fixed term.
Kindergarten is iconic in Aotearoa New Zealand. It has been part of our kiwi culture for over 125 years.
NZ Kindergartens Te Pūtahi Kura Pūhou o Aotearoa (NZK) is an incorporated society and registered charity. It is a federal organisation representing the interests of 25 regional member associations and 445 kindergartens and early childhood services.
NZK is focused on supporting member associations to advance the values of the kindergarten movement and the interests of high-quality early childhood education and in particular the role that kindergartens play within the education sector, both now and in the future.
Alongside the usual expectations of delivery we have of a highly competent Chief Executive, the critical area of focus is strategy:
- ensuring NZK and its member associations are in a strong position to influence and contribute to the Government’s vision for education.
- facilitating membership conversations around future ways of working.
The professional we seek will:
- Be a successful leader with a sound knowledge and understanding of stewardship and the ability to operate strategically.
- Have a strong background in advocacy having developed the requisite grounding, knowledge and relationships across the governmental/political landscape in Wellington.
- Be politically astute and have confidence operating within, and lobbying to, Ministerial level. NZK also has an important role in the development of relevant government policy.
- Show outstanding relationship development and management skills that are absolutely non-negotiable, in order to effectively engage with a diverse group of stakeholders and the wider education sector.
While operating strategically, you must also be a "sleeves rolled up" individual as and when required.
Excellent foundations have been laid for you to take the lead and make a significant contribution to this vitally important sector.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact: Graeme Sandri on (04) 978 1826 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref 2826401