- Key, business intelligence role
- Providing information management and advice
- Making positive contribution to Wellington
A unique opportunity to work closely with the manager, and across this complex organisation, one that plays a fundamental and critical role for Wellington, very much focused on delivering for Wellingtonians and “future proofing” that delivery capability.
You will have operated as a commercial analyst in previous roles, ideally having a strong commercial background, where your proven and genuine capability in terms of data mining and providing insight and trusted advice from data will be fully utilised.
Providing consistent, accurate reporting on what is already a considerable “pool” of data, and information is crucial to your success in this role.
You will also work closely with both internal and external parties to improve the monitoring and reporting capabilities of this entity, so will possess very good interpersonal skills to not only work with the current team but also the confidence to work across the organisation
As the Commercial Analyst, you will work to, and closely alongside, the Divisional Manager.
- Genuinely interrogating information. As such you will exhibit an understanding of strategy, and the impact of the information, on those strategies.
- Preparing timely and accurate reports that are provided to the business units, and key programmes, as required. This will also include interacting with key external, but closely aligned, external stakeholders
- Contribute to the design and development of reporting
- Query datasets, interrogate data and analyse data relating to programme and contract performance, be genuinely capable with scenario analysis, understand what the numbers are actually telling you and as a result, your internal customers
- Ensure consistency of the on-demand and ad-hoc reports provided for key stakeholders
- Analyse problems relating to reporting and monitoring outputs and providing solution-focused advice
You will have proven experience in
- Provision of accurate and relevant information from substantial data sources, with the ability to “see the gaps, ” turn information into knowledge
- Technically, you will ideally have some form of background in financial analysis and modelling, with superior use of Excel spreadsheeting.
- Experience with Power BI or similar would be highly advantageous
- Becoming a “trusted advisor” for a cross section of managers
- Strong modelling skills, with the ability to proactively work through potential opportunities and/or the risks associated with such.
- Strong financial analysis skills, and be able to relate those findings to performance and KPI’s with the ability to understand the financial impact of existing and potential contracts. This includes the cost impacts.
To apply for this opportunity to make a substantial and unique contribution to the lives of those in the greater Wellington region, please send your details to Tony Walsh at email@example.com quoting reference number 3162586.
If you wish to discuss further, please contact Tony on 029 271 1101.
Applications close: 25th September 2020.