Summerset is an established and successful retirement village operator that is recognised as one of the best in its sector with more than $300m of development activity under construction across New Zealand and Australia and with a significant pipeline of future development activity. The current Commercial Manager has been promoted to a key position in their Australian operation.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Development, you will have responsibility for the sourcing of sites and building of the robust business cases. These will play a major role in determining the outcome of significant investment decisions that come with building state of the art aged care facilities. All your previous experience will be utilised to the fullest extent in this highly influential position, alongside leading a small, focused and talented team of QS's.
Key to your success will be your depth of experience in the same role and/or a broad QS role. We do require a proven track proven track record in the development of effective construction related strategies, working with stakeholder groups, strategy implementation and delivering successful outcomes.
In addition to strong technical skills, we are also looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills. The ability to work closely with very different groups, at all levels, from finance to construction, is absolutely non-negotiable and you will be confident presenting the CEO and Executive Management Team.
- Superior analytical skills, which will be utilised and tested at every level, including with the CFO and GM Construction.
- A strong background in QS within construction is crucial. Ideally, you will have having worked on multi-storied projects, understanding the complexities of such and how they relate to the environment in which Summerset operates, with residents safety and security paramount.
- Sound project management skills with a delivery focus around time, cost and quality
- The unique ability to operate strategically at one moment, and then shift to detailed, tactical aspects, the next.
If you can tick all of the above and are an excellent communicator, with consultative selling skills and the gravitas to build credible peer relationships with senior decision makers then this could be your next role. It is a tremendous opportunity to stamp your mark and implement a “value add” approach to the procurement and tendering processes of this leading listed company.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact email your CV to email@example.com or contact Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101, quoting reference 3162590.