Environmental Science and Research (ESR) has a broad and critical mandate, using world-leading science to address the complex challenges that face our communities to improve health, justice, and environmental outcomes for New Zealanders. The organisation Is undergoing an ambitious transformational process to further develop its commercial capability and its ability to contribute to the government’s wellbeing priorities. ESR already makes a real difference in areas such as groundwater nitrate mitigation, understanding the environmental impact of micro-plastics, influenza surveillance and commercialisation of forensic technologies.
To support this transformational process, ESR Is building a more forward looking, agile organisation with the capability and culture to required to succeed in a changing world. The People team will play a critical role in this journey, and the organisation has recently reviewed its People structure to increase capability and capacity, resulting in three newly created roles.
Reporting to the General Manager People, Culture and Communication, the Employee Experience Manager will drive strategic HR priorities and approaches across Learning & Development, management and leadership development, performance experience, culture and values.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading and contributing to employee experience strategies and work programmes;
- Ensuring that data and insights are used effectively to drive initiatives that lift organisational and individual performance;
- Embedding ESR's new performance management framework, including IT system selection and implementation;
- Development of ESR's enterprise learning framework and curriculum;
- Ongoing facilitation of ESR's Culture Programme; ensuring that opportunities to address business needs through a digital lens are maximised e.g. the potential use of SAP’s Success Factors platform.
You will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of best practice approaches to outcome based human resource management and innovative thinking. You will take an organisational wide perspective and approach, collaborating internally and externally to achieve desired culture and outcomes. Through taking ownership of the organisation’s employee experience frameworks, you will be able to take a customer-centric view in meeting complex and changing stakeholder demands. The role requires an experienced HR, L&D or OD professional who can bring thought leadership that optimises performance and drives value.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on ESR’s behalf. For a copy of the candidate pack please contact email@example.com or alternatively to find out more you can contact either Suzannah Moller on 021 706 176 or Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 quoting reference 3096403.
Applications close 5pm 17th February 2020.