- Sector engagement and advice
- Broad responsibility
- Ever-changing environment & challenges
After some time at the helm, the current Executive Officer is retiring from the position, after positioning the organisation particularly well for the future.
The most critical aspect of this role is developing strong engagement and trust with the profession that you represent, at all levels.
You will play a critical role in managing Risk, not only from an insurance perspective, but also reputationally. Assisting your members through difficult scenarios requires strong professional capability, and as importantly, empathy with what they are experiencing in order to assist them both professionally and personally.
Alongside this broad risk management remit, there is a core responsibility for effectively administering the professional insurance needs of a universally respected and critical sector, that operates across all aspects of NZ's community. You will manage relationships with the key providers, which are in a particularly positive position, due to the excellent work by the incumbent, in establishing and managing such.
To join this high performing organisation in a unique, standalone function/service, you will have the following:
- A background in pharmacy. This is critical/non-negotiable in order to genuinely understand the challenges across the sector, provide appropriate advice and establish credibility with the members.
- Superior administration skills with strong levels of financial literacy and innate understanding of risk management.
- Managing a small team, effectively manage services to ensure superior and timely outcomes for your stakeholders/members. You simply must “roll up your sleeves,” without hesitation. No day is the same, with having to deal with challenges as they arise, so you must be comfortable with that.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide advice and education to your members, while ensuring effective interaction with providers such as the insurance and legal professionals.
This is a role that will suit someone who likes to take full responsibility, enjoys complexity, and is confident managing relationships with highly skilled professionals.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact Tony Walsh on 029-2711101 / 04 978 1833 quoting reference 2851242 or send your CV/details to email@example.com