Young Hunter is a prominent and long-established law firm based in Christchurch. As a full-service firm, it has a particularly strong litigation practice with a national profile and client base. It has a long and successful history and combines this longevity in the market with an energetic and customer-focussed approach to its work. Its reputation is based on the high calibre and credibility of its people and their ability to provide excellent advice and service.
The General Manager will be responsible for driving the development of the firm, under the direction of the Managing Partner. As the “hub” of the firm, the General Manager will need to be highly accessible, maintaining collaborative relationships with professional and support staff, key clients and service providers. As an influential figure in ensuring that the firm fulfils its full potential, the General Manager must set a positive tone while achieving new standards. You will have the ability to look afresh at the firm and explore opportunities to enhance the business. Responsibilities will include:
Managing the firm’s performance through working closely with the Partnership to build sustainable high-performing teams (financial and behavioural);
- Creating a clear sense of direction and cohesiveness at an organisational, practice group, individual partner, professional and support staff level;
- Accountability to the Partnership for strategic development, operational and risk management matters;
- Driving the strategic planning and implementation process to achieve the firms desired strategic outcomes;
- Developing, managing and providing overall leadership of the business support functions (HR, financial, business development, marketing, IT, author support and administrative systems);
- Guiding and implementing capability development, continuous improvement initiatives and growth projects;
- Acting as the firm’s “communication hub”, providing accessible and visible leadership.
Along with a tertiary qualification in finance, you will have the skills and financial acumen required to help advance the firm’s financial interests and be comfortable working with the ambiguity that is inherent in the management structure of a professional services firm. The successful candidate will have a hands-on style to ensure that the firms support functions and “engine room” is working well. You will need advanced leadership abilities and a track-record of influence and success in a commercial environment. A high level of integrity with a deep commitment to the firm’s vision is essential.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on Young Hunters behalf. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Alternatively, to find out more either contact Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 or Suzannah Moller on 021 706 178 or email Suzannah for a copy of the candidate pack.