Lowndes Jordan is a leading New Zealand law firm based in Auckland. It has an established history as advisors to business and individuals across corporate, commercial, IT law and litigation. It combines its longevity in the market with a quality and customer-focussed approach to its work. Its reputation has been built on the high calibre and credibility of its people and their ability to provide excellent advice and service. The firm is ambitious and aims to build on this success, to ensure that it remains a respected, vibrant and sustainable business.
The General Manager (GM) will be responsible for driving the development of the firm, with the support and direction of the Partners. As the ‘hub’ of the firm, the GM will need to be highly accessible, maintaining collaborative relationships with professional and support staff and service providers. As an influential figure in ensuring that the firm fulfils its full potential, the GM will set a positive and energetic tone and will have the ability to look afresh at the firm and explore opportunities to enhance the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountability to the partnership for strategic development, operational and risk management matters;
- Driving the strategic planning and implementation process to achieve the firms desired strategic outcomes;
- Creating a clear sense of direction and cohesiveness at an organisational, practice group, individual partner, professional and support staff level;
- Managing the firm’s performance through working closely with the partners to build sustainable high-performing teams (financial and behavioural);
- Developing, managing and providing overall leadership of the business support functions (HR, financial, business development, marketing, IT, author support and administrative systems);
- Guiding and implementing capability development, succession, continuous improvement and growth initiatives;
- Acting as the firm’s ‘communication hub’, providing accessible and visible leadership.
You will have the skills required to help advance the firm’s interests and be comfortable working with the ambiguity that is inherent in the management structure of a professional services firm. You will need advanced leadership skills and will be adept at developing and managing organisational systems. You will need the ability to build and maintain strong relationships, while helping to build a vibrant culture. The successful applicant will have relevant tertiary qualifications and advanced accounting/financial skills. Your ability to look at things through a “fresh set of eyes” will be valuable in helping the firm to meet challenges such as the future of work, diversity, branding and attracting and retaining the best talent.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful and respected firm in a highly influential role that will help shape the firm’s future.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Alternatively, to find out more either contact Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 or Suzannah Moller on 021 706 176 or email Suzannah for a copy of the job description.