For over 150 years MetService has kept New Zealanders safe by keeping them informed, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. They have a global reputation for using science to creatively solve weather challenges and are recognised worldwide for their trusted expertise. As a dynamic business, MetService has a strong foundation of maintaining weather-readiness by continually reflecting on organisational needs. MetService is now looking for a General Manager People Experience to help position the business to deliver on its mission, achieve business targets and lead a people experience that motivates and encourages high performance.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will develop and implement sustainable and commercially focused strategies that support the delivery of profitable growth for the business and meet stakeholder interests. The role will ultimately be accountable for enabling and supporting the efficient operation of the business through the delivery of a strategic and operational people function including Organisational Development, Industrial Relations and Health Safety and Wellbeing. Key responsibilities will also include:
- Overseeing and championing the People and Culture vision, ensuring, best practice employee engagement, performance management, attraction, development and retention strategies and processes;
- Developing the People and Culture Strategy and a programme of work to deliver on that Strategy, including ensuring the ongoing development and growth of employee capability across the business locally and globally to deliver current and future sustainable and profitable business outcomes;
- Leading the development and enhancement of organisational culture through internal and external learning and development opportunities;
- Managing industrial relations and delivering a high performance, high engagement approach to the organisation’s relationship with all relevant Unions;
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of organisational resourcing and succession needs and implement proactive strategies including talent management and succession planning;
Ensuring appropriate and timely reporting to the Board of Directors including acting as secretary to the People Culture and Remuneration Committee.
To be successful, the General Manager People Experience will have proven experience in the leadership of an HR /OD or people function. Proven experience delivering and leading organisational and cultural change would be highly advantageous. This role will require inspirational and ‘connected’ leadership that provides the clarity that inspires high-performing teams and fosters cohesion and loyalty.
As someone who will be working at board and senior leadership level, it is vital for the General Manager People Experience will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to listen, observe and influence.
Based in Kelburn, this is an exciting leadership opportunity with generous benefits and the chance to positively influence culture and communication, with arguably one of the best corporate views of the capital. This search process is being managed by SWR Group. For further information, please contact Graeme Sandri on 029 248 8502 or Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 at SWR Group. To submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com