- Critical leadership role
- Active Development portfolio
- Auckland based
Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Whai Rawa Limited is a multi-faceted company responsible for protecting and growing their iwi assets on behalf and for their present and future generations. As such it has an extensive property portfolio that includes significant holdings within central Auckland which is being expanded through prudent property development.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, as General Manager Property Development, you will take full responsibility for the leadership and management of the iwi’s wide and extensive development portfolio. In this role you will quickly become an integral part of the leadership team.
As someone who has established a sound reputation for successful property development delivery in the New Zealand market you will also need to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Sound understanding and strong commitment to Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei’s vision, tikanga and values that underpins everything they do.
- A senior leader who brings strong commercial experience with a proven track record of achievement in leading, planning and delivery of large-scale residential development.
- A strong technical knowledge across the full development life-cycle including initial feasibility analysis, procurement, construction contract management, master-planning, consenting, JV negotiations, sales and marketing.
- A proven leader who has successfully built and managed high performing development teams.
- Significant budget responsibility skills.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills including the development and presentation of sound business cases and contribution to Board reports.
- Experience with and comfortable in dealing with local communities and where necessary the media.
This is an exciting time to be joining Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Whai Rawa. The development pipeline is full, funding is in place and there are numerous opportunities to unleash your development leadership skills. An attractive remuneration package, together with the opportunity to join an organisation committed to increasing value for future generations makes this a rare opportunity.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact: Tim Rosenberg on 0292 732 264 or Nicole Walkinshaw on 021 027 83856, or email your CV with Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. 2842919