· Outstanding Leadership opportunity
· Developing NZ’s economic base
· Wellington based
Primary ITO plays a critical part in facilitating the upskilling of the primary sector which is the core of the New Zealand economy. Current discussions on the future of vocational education present exciting opportunities for Primary ITO and its talented & committed team.
With responsibility for driving the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with industry and employers right across the primary sector, the significance of this role should be readily apparent. Further, in terms of leadership, you will contribute to the company strategy, alongside your peers on the Senior Leadership Team, and provide robust and energetic support to the CEO.
While holding a broad remit, key aspects include:
· Inspirational and “connected” leadership of your teams, directly and indirectly
· Ensuring superior relationships with diverse sector and key industry groups as well as schools
· Further enhancement of Māori economic development, a critical stakeholder group
· Contribution to organisational direction and development
In order to deliver, ideally you will have
· Proven, successful background in delivering leadership, both cultural and organisational
· A background in the primary sector, education, or professional services, providing genuine value to customers.
· Experience working alongside Māori to maximise the economic potential of their businesses/assets. Knowledge of Te Reo would be highly advantageous, though not a requirement.
· Embraced change and driven positive internal and external outcomes through such.
This is undoubtedly a challenging role, but one that provides the opportunity to play a significant part in the future of not only Primary ITO, but also across the industry with its diverse customer and stakeholder groups.