- Critical leadership role
- National Procurement Strategy
- Auckland/Wellington or Christchurch based
Summerset is an established and successful retirement village operator that is recognised as one of the best in its sector and one constantly striving for improvement. With more than $300m of development activity under construction across the country and with a significant pipeline of future development activity, it is now looking to review and update its construction related procurement strategy.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Construction, you will be tasked with the development and implementation of a nationwide, aligned procurement strategy that will effectively add value to the business. In doing so you will be required to lead, coach and develop a team of outstanding procurement professionals with the goal of delivering a centre of procurement excellence.
Key to your success will be your depth of procurement experience in the Construction industry and your detailed understanding of the full life-cycle of the development programme. You will also be expected to draw on your proven track record in the development of effective construction related procurement strategies, working with stakeholder groups, strategy implementation and delivering successful project outcomes.
In addition to strong technical procurement skills we are also looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to function in a growing, fast-paced business that is continually evolving
- Sound project management skills with a delivery focus around time, cost and quality
- Detailed understanding of New Zealand construction contracts and construction costs
- Understanding of Green star and national/global sustainability programmes
- Relevant tertiary qualification with professional membership such as MRICS
If you can tick all of the above and are an excellent communicator, with consultative selling skills and the gravitas to build credible peer relationships with senior decision makers then this could be your next role. It is a tremendous opportunity to stamp your mark and implement a “value add” approach to the procurement and tendering processes of this leading listed company.