The Wellington Company (TWC) is a diversiﬁed property and investment company that is in a growth phase. TWC was established in 1990 and has been a major player in the redevelopment of Wellington city's urban environments and historic places. In addition to a breadth of residential and commercial development across the Wellington region, the company is taking its wealth of property experience to other parts of New Zealand.
The business has a strategy which requires a commercially astute investment property leader to drive the performance of its commercial investment portfolio. Reporting to the Group General Manager, this newly created role will be an influential member of the senior leadership team and will responsible for:
- Development of a team of high performing property professionals;
- Managing the full spectrum of the property and asset management life-cycle from acquisition and refurbishment, management, modification, reconfiguration, disposal and maintenance;
- Exceeding property management service expectations in a way that reflects best practice and provides optimal value;
- Driving a high-performance culture through both a customer service & data driven approach that brings visibility and clarity to decision-making;
- Leading improved performance of the property management and facilities management operation (mixture of “in house” and “outsourced”) and recommending future strategies;
- Developing and implementing a real-time suite of reporting tools and a dashboard that provides visibility of performance;
- Providing investment, strategic and risk mitigation advice to the executive leadership team;
- Working closely with associated entities, suppliers, insurance providers and partners;
- Ensuring that occupants, employers and contractors are in a healthy and safe environment;
- Overseeing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the financial, operational, and contractual performance of portfolio, and ensuring budgets and performance measures are met.
To be considered for this role, you will have a track-record of success in Property/Asset Management roles that require you to build credible relationships with a complex group of stakeholders. You will have expertise in developing, leading, and mentoring teams within a demanding service delivery setting. Your depth of commercial leadership experience will allow you to influence and negotiate effectively on behalf of the organisation while effectively managing the financial and non-financial performance of the portfolio.
To find out more contact either Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 or Suzannah Moller on 021 706 176.