Manager, Metlink Assets and Infrastructure
Metlink’s role is to plan, develop, promote and deliver public transport services and supporting infrastructure in the Wellington region. Improvements to the public transport system have been ongoing and sustained. Against a backdrop of significant transformational changes to the network, Metlink continues to implement and optimise performance and customer experience, through robust governance, better stakeholder engagement, and increased capability and capacity.
The organisation now has an unprecedented opportunity to deliver a world-class and commercially viable public transport service, through aligning its internal operating model to meet these demands.
This has resulted in the creation of 5 pivotal leadership positions.
Reporting to the Metlink General Manager, the Manager Metlink Assets and Infrastructure will implement transformational change and improvement. This will be achieved through the development of asset and infrastructure management strategies for the design, development and maintenance of assets, infrastructure and bus and rail fleets. The goal is a seamless and quality customer experience across all public transport modes, and that all services are safe and efficient.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading the development of asset and infrastructure strategy and business planning;
- Ensuring your team delivers their accountabilities effectively and efficiently by working and collaborating closely with other teams;
- Aligning network standards and streamline assets to enhance service delivery and enable increased efficiencies. Looking for potential streamlining of asset ownership;
- Developing and implementing the asset management strategy, ensuring standardisation and best practice in asset management;
- Leading the development of an infrastructure strategy and plan, which provides visibility across the Group on infrastructure benefits and opportunities;
- Developing business cases for improvements and changes, and include risk management and cost benefit analysis;
- Ensuring that infrastructure supports a seamless integrated, consistent and positive customer experience across all modes and digital interfaces;
- Working with Operators and suppliers to ensure customer safety is paramount;
- Maintaining broad connections in the market to ensure the Council maintains best practice in asset management and delivery of infrastructure.
As an experienced people leader, you will take an organisational perspective and approach, collaborating internally to achieve the desired culture, making sound business decisions. You will promote organisation-wide interests and be comfortable managing change. You will ensure robust best practice asset and infrastructure management of a complex and diverse asset and infrastructure portfolio.
You must have a customer-centric view, while managing complex and changing stakeholder expectations. The role requires an experienced leader who can both optimise and rationalise through robust decision making, in order to drive customer and shareholder value. At the same time, you will deliver to the organisations obligations in achieving financial sustainability while ensuring assets and infrastructure support service delivery. A background in asset and/or infrastructure management that delivers best practice asset management is essential.
Candidates will have a relevant tertiary qualification and a background of success in a complex organisation that requires visible and connected leadership.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on Metlink’s behalf. To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference no. 3080376. Alternatively, to find out more contact Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101 or Graeme Sandri on 029 248 8502.