Manager, Metlink Commercial Partnerships
Metlink’s role is to plan, develop, promote and deliver public transport services and supporting infrastructure in the Wellington region. Improvements to the public transport system have been ongoing and sustained. Against a backdrop of significant transformational changes to the network, Metlink continues to implement and optimise performance and customer experience, through robust governance, better stakeholder engagement, and increased capability and capacity.
The organisation now has an unprecedented opportunity to deliver a world-class and commercially viable public transport service, through aligning its internal operating model to meet these demands.
This has resulted in the creation of 5 pivotal leadership positions.
Reporting to the Metlink General Manager, the Manager Metlink Commercial Partnerships will lead and manage a team of business development, contract management and technology and systems specialists. Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading and contributing to the development of the Group and business development/commercial strategies and business planning;
- Ensuring there is a data driven strategy for the Group, using insights to drive public transport strategy development; business planning and improvement;
- Translating vision into specific goals and action plans;
- Providing commercial advice and expertise that leads to sustainable revenue growth;
- Ensuring that innovation is introduced within procurement to deliver improved performance;
- Ensuring best practice procurement, contract management, business development, performance monitoring policies and processes are in place;
- Overseeing successful collaborative relationships with key strategic vendors, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders and operators.
You will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of best practice approaches to procurement, business development, contract management (including outcome based contract management), and innovative thinking.
As an experienced people leader, you will take an organisational perspective and approach, collaborating internally and externally to achieve the desired culture, making sound business decisions, and taking ownership of leading and managing people. You will ensure robust best practice management of a complex commercial regime underpinned by significant and sizable contracts. You will achieve financial sustainability through revenue protection and enhancement.
You must be able to take a customer-centric view in meeting complex and changing stakeholder demands. The role requires a fully developed commercial leader who can optimise, and at times rationalise, in order to drive customer and shareholder value while meeting the organisations obligations and achieving financial sustainability through revenue protection and enhancement.
Candidates will have a relevant tertiary qualification and a background of success in a complex organisation that requires visible and connected leadership.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on Metlink’s behalf. To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference no. 3080364. Alternatively, to find out more contact Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101 or Graeme Sandri on 029 248 8502.