Manager, Metlink Operations
Metlink’s role is to plan, develop, promote and deliver public transport services and supporting infrastructure in the Wellington region. Improvements to the public transport system have been ongoing and sustained. Against a backdrop of significant transformational changes to the network, Metlink continues to implement and optimise performance and customer experience, through robust governance, better stakeholder engagement, and increased capability and capacity.
The organisation now has an unprecedented opportunity to deliver a world-class public transport service, through aligning its internal operating model to meet these demands.
This has resulted in the creation of 5 pivotal leadership positions.
Reporting to the Metlink General Manager, the Manager Metlink Operations will ensure delivery of a world class service to the Wellington Region through proactive partnering, continuous improvement and issues management across rail, bus, ferry and Total Mobility services, delivering 24/7 network management and highly effective communication to customers on day of service.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading the Group's Operations team to ensure integrated service delivery and effective communication;
- Ensuring there is a focus on customers through working with Operators to improve services and their delivery;
- Providing delivery, operational advice and expertise at a strategic level;
- Leading operational planning and improvement, including business continuity and disaster recovery planning and ensuring there are best practice, business continuity plans and disruption - disaster recovery, event management, are in place;
- Managing day to day contractual relationships with Operators, through developing, implementing and managing financial and contractual performance;
- Working and collaborating closely with other teams within Metlink and the Group;
- Ensuring your team are clear about their accountabilities, and are supported to deliver on these through coaching, skill development and performance management.
As an experienced people leader, you will take an organisational perspective and approach, collaborating internally to achieve the desired culture, making sound business decisions. You will promote organisation-wide interests and be comfortable managing change. You will ensure robust best practice management of a complex 24/7 operating environment.
You must be able to take a customer-centric view in meeting complex and changing stakeholder demands. The role requires an experienced, operational leader, with a proven background delivering superior outcomes, who is well versed in managing transformational change and continuously improving network performance.
Relevant tertiary qualifications would be advantageous as would a background in public transport operations.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on Metlink’s behalf. To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference no. 3080373. Alternatively, to find out more contact Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101 or Graeme Sandri on 029 248 8502.