The Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR) has a broad and critical mandate, using world-leading science to address the complex challenges that face our communities to improve health, justice, and environmental outcomes for New Zealanders. The organisation Is undergoing an ambitious transformational process to further develop its commercial capability and its ability to contribute to the government’s wellbeing priorities. ESR already makes a real difference in areas such as groundwater nitrate mitigation, understanding the environmental impact of micro-plastics, influenza surveillance and commercialisation of forensic technologies.
To support this transformational process, ESR Is building a more forward looking, agile organisation with the capability and culture required to succeed in a changing world. The People team will play a critical role in this journey, and the organisation has recently reviewed its People structure to increase capability and capacity, resulting in three newly created roles.
Reporting to the General Manager People, Culture and Communication, the People Partnering Manager will lead the organisations business partnering efforts and implement strategic HR initiatives within ESR. These include employee relations, workforce planning, employee engagement and organisation design.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring that senior leaders and managers are receiving best practice HR service and advice;
- Influencing business decisions and consulting with the business on HR initiatives;
- Leading ESR's Employment Relations function including individual and collective bargaining with PSA;
- Leading and coaching the business partnering team;
- Lead, develop and implement the workforce strategy in conjunction with a joint working group;
- Ongoing governance of HR policy and procedures that reflect best practice;
- Working collaboratively with the People team to embed HR management frameworks and Initiatives;
- Ownership of ESR's employee engagement framework, taking insights and turning them into actions;
- Ensuring that opportunities to address business needs through a digital lens are maximised e.g. potential use of SAP’s Success Factors.
You will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of best practice and proactive approaches to outcome based human resource management. You will take an organisational wide perspective and approach, taking ownership of business partnering and ESR's workforce capability strategy. You must be able to take a customer-centric view in meeting complex and changing stakeholder demands. The role requires an experienced HR leader who can partner with HR colleagues and the SLT and Managers to help optimise performance and drive value.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on ESR’s behalf. For a copy of the candidate pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to find out more you can contact either Suzannah Moller on 021 706 176 or Sean Brunner on 021 712 891 quoting reference 3096400.
Applications close 5pm 17th February 2020