Principal Account Manager – Bus
· Key Relationship Management/Advocacy role
· Making a substantive difference to the Wellington region
· Convert challenges into positive outcomes
Metlink have a transformational change programme underway, which includes growing the capability and capacity to support Metlink services, through making significant changes and improvements to a network that continues to evidence strong growth across all public transport modes.
The role is a key one as part of the ongoing change programme to increase skills in the Group, improve ways of working both internally and externally, and implementing improved processes and systems.
About the role
This is a new role, responsible for the Bus network for Metlink Group, with substantial scope and reach by providing senior level relationship accountability, working across the Group and with public transport operators, partners, and access providers to build strong long lasting relationships, ensuring all parties are supporting the partnership approach/principles, and delivering on contractual obligations.
· Own and manage the account management function with key business partners at a senior level, to provide commercial and strategic management of the relationship.
· Work with all teams across the Group to solve business or technical challenges that hinder the delivery of a world class, integrated public transport network across the Wellington region.
• Proven evidence of delivery/results through your knowledge, skills and experience in such a position. This will include extensive experience working with and influencing a range of senior level stakeholders including Chief Executives, boards and executive members
• The ability to influence and motivate others through personal advocacy, vision and drive, able to build a solid platform for change and bring innovative thinking to the Group, looking for opportunities to improve ways of working and making informed changes
• Experience in contract based partnerships and or relationship management to strategic levels
• A track record of creating practical solutions to complex and ambiguous problems and proven ability to build consensus with multiple parties on the best way forward, especially when dealing with differing opinions and motives
• It would be advantageous to possess an appropriate tertiary qualification, preferably in business or management.
To apply for this opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the lives of those in the greater Wellington region, on a daily basis, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or sean @swr.nz, quoting reference number 3094987
If you wish to discuss further, please contact Tony on (029 2711101) or Sean on (021712891)