Metlink have a transformational change programme underway, which includes growing the capability and capacity to support Metlink services, through making significant changes and improvements to a network that continues to evidence strong growth across all public transport modes.
The role is a key one as part of the ongoing change programme to increase skills in the Group, improve ways of working both internally and externally, and implementing improved processes and systems.
About the role
As a key member of the Bus and Ferry Infrastructure team, providing senior level advice and support for the planning and management of existing and new facilities across Metlink’s bus and ferry network. You will be helping to ensure the smooth running of the Metlink bus and ferry network by providing an attractive and safe environment for customers when waiting, boarding and alighting buses and ferries.
Using your project management skills, you will develop, plan and implement work programmes, which includes working with Road Controlling Authorities to improve safety, access and priority for buses on the road network.
You will contribute to procuring and managing maintenance and cleaning contracts, civil works contractors, specialist technical services regarding bus infrastructure, and oversee the leases and licences on all bus and ferry assets.
You will provide asset management planning including database management, the updating of the Asset Management Plans and input into GW’s Infrastructure Strategy, Long Term Plan and Annual Plans.
To be successful in the role you will need:
• Strong experience gained working in asset management, strategic property management or leasing and asset strategy
• Experience leading projects to successful completion
• A proven track record of communicating with a wide range of audiences on complex issues to a high standard, delivering messages in plain English and providing information in clear and compelling ways so that others are brought along on the journey both internally and externally
• An ability to influence others and build consensus with multiple parties on the best way forward, especially when dealing with differing opinions and motives and especially where an asset is not owned
• A track record of creating practical solutions to complex and ambiguous problems and looking for opportunities to improve ways of working
To apply for this opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the lives of those in the greater Wellington region, on a daily basis, please send your details to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number 317704
If you wish to discuss further, please contact Tony on (029 2711101), or Suzannah on (021706176)
Applications close: 10th April 2020.