- All-encompassing new role
- Policy/strategy development, and implementation
- Positively affecting & protecting the lives of New Zealanders
Water Safety NZ (WSNZ) has a simple and singular Purpose…
“To lead a step change in New Zealand so people don’t drown.”
While simple, it is enormously all-embracing in scope, incorporating a large and diverse group of entities across the landscape in which they operate.
Having played a key part in developing and securing a future focused resourcing and funding model, which now allows for surety of resources and strategy, (WSNZ) is shaping itself to be even more effective alongside its sector partners and ultimately, to achieve the aforementioned Purpose.
This new position has real breadth. It spans genuine involvement in, and contribution to, the development of far-reaching strategies, through to managing the implementation of key elements of those strategies. Critically, you will lead monitoring and reporting/advice on the outcomes associated with those strategies to ensure their ongoing effectiveness.
Working in a small, tight knit and passionate team, this is a sleeves rolled up organisation, but one that has proven capability in “making a difference.” You must be someone who wants to contribute to the same, and is effective in such an environment. Ideally, you will have an affinity with the sector in some way, but this is not crucial.
Ideally, your experience will include:
- Experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of organisational strategies and policies, and the effective “operationalisation” of the same.
- Leading cross sector projects, with project management, planning and prioritisation skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to connect and engage at all levels, across a wide variety of “stakeholders.”
- Relationship management is critical, and you will have responsibility for an array of key relationships, not simply being present, but being WSNZ’s “voice” in those engagements, developing and/or enhancing the organisations profile across the sector.
This is a unique opportunity to own a role, with a broad span of involvement and influence. Through doing so, you will make a marked impact on a successful organisation, one that is determined to drive even harder in order achieve their Purpose.
To apply for this opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the lives, enjoyment and safety of New Zealanders, please send your details to Tony Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 3163627
If you wish to discuss further, please contact Tony on 029 2711101.
Applications close: 12th December 2020.