Technology and Data Lead
· New role, linking technology and business outcomes
· Lead IT strategy for Metlink
· Crucial role in organisational data management and usage.
Metlink have a transformational change programme underway, which includes growing the capability and capacity to support Metlink services, through making significant changes and improvements to a network that continues to evidence strong growth across all public transport modes.
The role is a key one as part of the ongoing change programme to increase skills in the Group, improve ways of working both internally and externally, and implementing improved processes and systems.
About the role
This central new leadership role will be key in ensuring the delivery of high quality and fit for purpose technology to improve operational and commercial performance, future network design and the customer experience, with an organisational perspective and approach
You will lead the management of Metlink’s data, ensuring that there is integration between technology and systems and data to drive strategy development and decision making interests and consider organisational wide impacts when interacting with customers and partners. You will work closely with the Greater Wellington Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) team.
You will have:
· Proven experience in a customer-centric IT environment, where requirements are gathered from users and interpreted into technology solutions with the ability to think strategically and problem solve, in terms of anticipating future IT needs and in delivering pragmatic and proactive IT approaches to meet stakeholders needs
· The ability to appropriately communicate complex ideas and data to a range of audiences with strong interpersonal, relationship and influencing skills with a talent for resolving conflicts or differences by finding areas of agreement that benefit the organisation and individuals
· The ability to lead by example, by bringing innovative thinking to the Group and fostering a culture of continuous improvement, learning and collaboration
· A history of taking accountability for addressing problems that are impacting on delivery for the team
· A background in successfully leading and managing people, finances and resources and building high-performing teams
· An appropriate tertiary qualification, preferably in Computer Science or Information technology, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
To apply for this opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the lives of those in the greater Wellington region, on a daily basis, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com quoting reference number 3094990
If you wish to discuss further, please contact Tony on (029 2711101) or Sean on (021712891)